compensation: $140,000/year DOE, with a 12.5 % annual bonus. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Red Seal Recruiting Solutions Ltd., is looking for a Steam Chief/1st Class Power Engineer for Castlegar, BC. We are a specialized trades and industrial management recruitment company.
Calling all 1st Class Power Engineers! Our client is a softwood manufacturer with an emphasis on sustainability and green energy. They are seeking a Steam Chief/1st Class Power Engineer for their world-class, modern mill located in beautiful Castlegar, BC. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and supporting a team of shift engineers and supervisors. This is a great chance to join up with a reputable company in one of Canada’s most desirable places to live. So don’t wait! Give us a call at show contact info
(RED)-(SEAL), text show contact info
, or apply online now.
Castlegar is the second largest community in the West Kootenay region of BC, known for its beautiful views of the Selkirk Mountain Range. Castlegar is located 30 minutes by car from Nelson, 3.5 hours from Kelowna, and 7 hours from Vancouver. This small community offers amenities such as a college, airport, regional public transport, community parks and more. With direct access to Arrow Lake and the Kootenay and Columbia Rivers, boating, fishing, canoeing, and kayaking are popular with residents and visitors alike. Castlegar is also a favourite spot for skiers, snowboarders, and mountain bikers.
Salary: $140,000/year DOE, with a 12.5 % annual bonus.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package, including a defined pension plan.
Shifts: 5 x 2, Monday-Friday.
• Certified as a First-Class Power Engineer in Canada.
• Power Engineering Technology, mechanical and/or related trades studies will be considered.
• Leadership and management related courses a definite asset.
Experience: Over five years in a Lead Engineer or Assistant Lead Engineer role in a heavy industry such as pulp and paper, oil and gas, smelting and refining.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team and hold self and others accountable in terms of health and safety, production, and regulatory compliance.
• Excellent organizational, planning and decision-making skills.
• Drive and passion for continuous improvement
• Ability and interest to grow into a managerial role with more business and strategic focus.
• Ensure all mill work and infrastructure pertaining to power & recovery meets all external and internal regulation and requirements.
• Maintain operating standards that are consistent with and support company’s health, safety and environment targets.
• Ensure company quality, efficiency and production objectives are achieved by providing technical expertise and implement changes accordingly.
• Lead and support a team of six Utility Shift Engineer/ Shift Supervisors.
• Other duties as required.
To view this job and other available positions, visit our Job Board http://redsealrecruiting.com/job-seekers/job-board-list/
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers