Are you an outgoing people-person with a knack for organization and communication? Someone who likes to play by the book, but also keep an open mind? Shambhala Music Festival wants you to join our core office team as the Recruitment Coordinator in the stunning West Kootenay town of Nelson, BC. You will be working full-time out of our festival headquarters located right downtown on Baker Street. Every summer, our workplace relocates to one of the most beautiful festival venues in the world: the Salmo River Ranch.
QR Code Link to This Post
Voted Best Festival in North America in a recent poll by DJ Mag, Shambhala Music Festival strives to be a game-changer in the industry by modelling an event completely free of corporate sponsorship. The 23rd annual celebration of music, art, and life will take place July 24-27, 2020. Each summer, the Shambhala Crew swells to approximately 2800 staff, volunteers and contractors on the Salmo River Ranch – this includes pre-festival, showtime and post-festival efforts.
In this exciting position, you will facilitate the hiring and scheduling process and handle the majority of Shambhala Crew communications leading up to and during the festival. You thrive under pressure and are driven to go above and beyond to ensure the Shambhala Crew is fully operational come showtime.
- Implement overall recruitment strategy
- Process volunteer and staff applications daily
- Evaluate and screen applications to identify high-potential candidates and best team placements
- Interview all new potential crew members via Google Hangouts video calls
- Research and coordinate recruitment through job fairs and community outreach
- Assist the HR department with communications through email, social media and other platforms as required
- Supervise HR Volunteers and lead in administrative tasks as needed
- Assist with the development and organization of training materials
- Liaise with Team Managers to assign applicants to teams within appropriate timeframes
- Maintain timely communications with applicants and personnel to offer outstanding administrative support
- Report and recommend solutions for any issues or inefficiencies in the HR department
- Maximize the potential for a positive experience for all Shambhala Music Festival staff and volunteers through employee engagement and volunteer appreciation practices
- Ensures compliance with all HR policies
- Assertively identify and assist in taking on excess workload for the Human Resources department, particularly in regards to administrative tasks
- Anticipate shortages due to cancellations and liaise with Managers to effectively staff their teams
- Know when to make a decision and when to elevate an issue to the next level of management
- Address all emails within 2-3 business days
- Remain friendly and helpful with all interactions via messages, phone communications, and in-person
- Keep crew applications caught up to date at all times
- 2 years of HR and/or event management experience
- Warm, outgoing personality, comfortable interviewing new candidates & public speaking
- Understanding of sound interview and screening practices
- Highly computer literate with experience using Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Detail-oriented team player and creative thinker
- Superior organizational and multitasking skills. Able to manage multiple projects successfully
- Patient in performing repetitive tasks
- Responds promptly, accurately and reasonably when making decisions
- Flexible, able to handle high-pressure situations and respond to changes in working conditions
- Highly approachable demeanour and comfortable working in a culturally diverse environment
- Persuasive, clear communication skills
- Sets a positive example and fulfills responsibilities with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, especially when dealing with conflict resolution
- Actively demonstrates clear and open communication through teamwork, safe work practices and sincere helpfulness
- Bachelor or diploma-level education in Human Resources, Business, Communications, Event Management, or other related fields
- Experience working in festivals and events
- Experience with Shiftboard and Basecamp 3 are assets
This is a full-time position, from mid-January to October with an opportunity for extension. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by Friday, November 22. Only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Thank you for your interest in working with us!
Work. Play. Discover.