compensation: Hourly wage of $20.00 - $30.00 employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
WJS Canada is currently looking for individuals who would be interested in joining our growing company, as Program Managers (throughout various locations within BC).
Job Reference #J0418-0453
WJS Canada is a private, national social service agency that provides community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities and young offenders. Our team of over 600 support workers, social workers and behavioral therapists located in Alberta, BC and Ontario, work with with individuals, families and groups to foster positive life changes, build skills and the confidence/resiliency to face or overcome life's challenges.
The Position and Scheduling:
A Program Manager (PM) provides operational and administrative direction for the development, implementation and management of the program in this CARF-accredited agency. The PM implements and monitors policies and procedures related to day-to-day services to persons served and directs and coordinates the day-to-day management of program staff. The PM works directly with persons served and their families/care teams as required, and is responsible for overseeing and coordinating individual program plans. The PM participates in agency decision making and is the primary liaison with the contracting body.
WJS is continuing to increase the number of programs on a regular basis, and therefore, we are looking to collect a talent pool of qualified, interested individuals, who are excited to be a part of a growing company. We are currently looking for dedicated and experienced social services professionals with prior related supervisory / management skills, who want to be part of a growing team of like-minded individuals.
- Permanent and Temporary full-time
- Permanent and Temporary part-time
Future opportunities may include positions in areas within British Columbia, such as the Lower Mainland / Greater Vancouver area, Okanagan, Interior, Northern BC and Vancouver Island.
Program Manager scheduling varies to meet operational needs and on-line work is required. The ability to be “on-call” during scheduled time off, is often required in this role.
As an ideal candidate you possess:
- A degree in one of the humanities, social sciences or related field with educational preparation for the roles of manager and administrator.
- Minimum of three years in a similar facility or program, with at least one year in a supervisory or management role.
- Must have specific experience with financial and human resource management.
- Current WCB Occupational First Aid, Level 1 and CPR certificates required.
- Experience with basic sign language and/or alternative communication strategies training or experience an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract
- Reliable, safe vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Must be able to pass screening by Licensing Board and be approved as PIC (Person in Charge)
- A physician’s note confirming suitability, including a negative tuberculosis screening test
- Successful criminal record/vulnerable sector check.
- Successful candidate must sign an oath of confidentiality, a conflict of interest statement, abuse protocols, and a code of ethics statement
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.