compensation: Compensation to be determined. employment type: contract non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Do you love working with children, youth and families?
Do you have a desire to make a difference?
Do you want to be part of a dedicated team?
If so, WJS is looking for YOU!
Home Care Providers - Foster & Kinship Care
WJS’ Child in Care Services program provides a safe and nurturing environment for the youth we serve, who are helped to expand and become more confident in their abilities. We provide comprehensive programming for individuals and families together with residential and non-residential resources, individual and family counselling, behavioural and personal growth programs, mediation and programs to support independent living.
We are looking for Contracted Child and Youth Home Share providers in the following areas:
- Lower Mainland / Greater Vancouver area (various locations)
- Fraser Valley
- Cranbrook / Kootenays area (various locations)
- Okanagan (various locations)
- Interior area (various locations)
We offer an extensive orientation process that ensures you are prepared, and once you join us, we will have support available to you 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. In this role, you can also access additional training opportunities to further develop your skills in providing assistance to others in need. Our model of providing specialized residential care is to provide young people with a safe, nurturing and healthy family home environment, coupled with one-to-one support. It is radically different to the traditional foster care model, primarily due to the level of support and supervision provided to the family home.
WJS is looking for people that are dedicated to delivering supports in and out of their homes, and want to make a difference in the lives of children and youth.
Compensation to be determined.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
- Valid CPR/First Aid certificate (or will obtain prior to contracting)
- Valid Mandt and/or Non Violent Crisis Intervention certificate
- Current Conflict Resolution training
- Prior professional and/or personal life experience with children and/or youth living in the foster care system or professional experience working with individuals with a developmental disability
- Prior experience in trauma informed care is an asset
- Must provide a current (dated within past 3 months of contract date) criminal record check and ministry check prior to confirmation of contract.
Suitability of the applicant will be determined through a rigorous screening process based on an agency interview and a screening by the supported individuals (and any persons in the home), reference checks, submission of required documentation (including criminal record search by local police, vulnerable sector check, Ministry of Justice check, MCFD Prior Contact Check, current first aid certification, immunization records, TB clearance, SAFE home study, SAFE baby training-as applicable, willingness to complete foster parent training-as applicable, and a medical fitness confirmation).
APPLY via the Careers Page of the WJS Canada website, under Job #J0219-0082:
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers