WJS Canada is currently looking for an individual to join our Outreach program in Creston, as a part-time Specialized Outreach Worker.
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Reference – #J0719-1229
Identifies and provides specialized supports and interventions for persons with developmental disabilities, FAS/FAE and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder in an accredited agency. Supports and instruction focus on community inclusion skill development, social network and employment skills.
WJS Canada outreach services provide opportunities for adults with developmental disabilities to participate in their community and enjoy a range of social and leisure activities. Outreach services are a community-based mix of employment preparation and community involvement. We offer one-on-one services operating from served individual's homes or in the community.
As an ideal candidate you possess:
- A degree, diploma or certificate in one of the humanities, social work or related field. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of one year experience working with persons with a developmental disability, autism and/or FASD
- Knowledge of quality of life indicators
- Valid CPR/First Aid certificate (or ability to obtain prior to employment)
- Non-Violent Physical Crisis Intervention Certificate or equivalent certification (or ability to obtain during probationary period)
- Clear physician’s note confirming suitability, including a negative tuberculosis screening test
- Successful candidate must sign an oath of confidentiality, a conflict of interest statement, abuse protocols and a code of ethics statement.
- Must have consistent / reliable access to a working printer/scanner/copier
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and current driver’s abstract (hiring subject to abstract review)
- Must own a reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Cellular phone with data plan (compensation provided for business use of personal device)
Schedule and Wage:
One (1) part-time position of 17.5 hours per week. Schedule to be determined with family consultation.
Wage will be determined at time of hiring, commensurate with skills and experience.
**All applicants must provide at hiring, a current (dated within 3 months of hire date) Criminal Record Check and/or Ministry Check prior to confirmation of employment with WJS Canada. As these checks can often take 1-6 weeks to obtain, it is recommended that applicants prepare accordingly.
APPLY at https://clients.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=76383&page=jobdetails&jobid=J0719-1229&BRID=EX130902&SBDID=21896&LANG=1
Deadline for applications is August 21, 2019 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Please apply via the WJS Canada Careers page, Reference #J0719-1229 Attention: Phyllis Ortynski