Shambhala Music Festival is looking for volunteers to fill pre-festival positions starting mid-July with our Human Resources team on the festival site outside of Salmo, BC! Work 40 hours Mon-Fri in one week leading up to the festival (either July 15-19 or July 22-26) and earn a ticket to the event that waives your early entry fees! You’ll receive 3 free meals per work day and will have the option to camp on-site during your volunteer week.
QR Code Link to This Post
The main purpose of the role is to welcome crew members to the festival site, answer inquiries and follow crew check in/check out procedures accordingly as well as other general office duties such as filing & data entry.
- Answer all crew inquiries to the best of your knowledge, directing any issues that may arise to Supervisors
- Assist with office clerical duties such as filing/organizing, data entry, and other administrative tasks as needed
- Guide new crew members through the check-in process by ensuring they are filling out the correct paperwork for their position
- Assist crew members check-out after their shifts by verifying their worked hours vs. scheduled hours, confirming discrepancies with Supervisors if necessary
- Facilitate safety orientation videos and sign-offs for new crew members
- Basic housekeeping in the HR office such as sweeping the floors, changing the garbage bags, watering the flowers, and other tasks as required
- Has experience working in an office environment and possesses basic computer skills
- Has a good working knowledge of the festival, different job positions, and locations of each post
- Experience in Customer Service is an asset
- Personable and outgoing
- Persuasive, decisive and great communication skills
- Friendly and warm personality, but capable of saying no when necessary
- Punctual and reliable, HR crew members need to consider themselves role models for the rest of the crew
To apply, send resumes & cover letters to show contact info
We thank all those who apply however, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.