Shambhala Music Festival is now looking for staff to join our Traffic Control team during the festival this August! Positions run various shifts/schedules between August 3-13 on the festival site outside of Salmo, BC.
QR Code Link to This Post
You’ll be responsible for safely and efficiently managing the flow and placement of vehicles specifically leading up to, within, and exiting the parking lots, the main camping and restricted parking area.
- Oversee traffic logistics in the parking lot area to maximize space usage, eliminate bottlenecks in traffic flow, and increase overall safety
- Liaise with Traffic Control Team manager to report status and assess any potential issues
- Attend the beginning of shift meeting with Manager to gain knowledge of extra duties to be carried out for the day from Manager
- Refuse requests comfortably and diplomatically
- Anticipate issues and reduce incident likelihood – liaise with Security, Traffic Control Troubleshooter
- Experience in managing traffic control in related circumstances is an asset
- Flagging experience/ticket is an asset
- Festival experience an asset
- Strong communication skills, and experience using radios
- Courteous, Competent and Persuasive
- Proven ability to handle stressful situations
- Flexible and able to respond to changes in working conditions
- Comfortable working early mornings and outdoors
- Patient in performing repetitive tasks
To apply, send resumes & cover letters to show contact info
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.